1. Take a snapshot the moment you leave the hospital.
2. Wearing one of their first humorous onesies.
This is a must because looking back at this in 20 years will be one of the funniest things ever.
3. Don't forget to take pictures of tiny details like their feet and hands!
Baby feet and hands are the cutest thing imaginable!
4. Don't forget to take the opportunity when they're asleep to take adorable pictures of them passed out.
5. Take pictures of them when they're holding your finger.
This moment is incredibly fleeting, so snap it when you can!
6. Take pictures of their hair: when it's done up or even when it's messy!
7. Take a picture of them wearing an adorable hat or toque.
8. Make sure you capture them crawling!
I know it might seem like they're crawling for a long time...but really, you're going to miss it when they did!
9. Remember to take pictures of them with their grandparents.
These are the pictures they'll look back on fondly.
10. Get them with their siblings.
While they still love each other and stuff.
11. Take shots of them with their playdates!
12. Teething is such a headache but it makes for such adorable photos later on!
13. Capture the moment they taste something for the first time...like lemons.
14. Make sure you get a picture with your entire immediate family: Mommy, daddy, and baby!
You'd be surprised how many couples forget to take these shots because sometimes they don't have that person to take it for them.
15. Make sure you get solo shots with the baby.
16. Capture their first laugh.
17. Get a shot of them as they're growing.
Place them next to their favorite stuffed animal and take a picture every month. You'll be shocked how quickly they actually grow!